EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MARLENE MCINTOSH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 09:04:04 -0500
Happy New Years and Welcome to 2002!

This is a reminder that there are still training guides available for
textHELP! Read and Write v 5  ($20 each)
and
Kurzweil 3000 v 5  ($25 each)

These guides are helpful for educators as it provides a structured way to learn and teach these software programs. It is also beneficial for parents and students to learn how to use the software.
To order, send a cheque or money order or Purchase Order to the address below, or fax a Purchase Order to my attention.

I am also pleased to announce that we offer a one day, hands-on training session for educators:
textHELP! Read and Write &
Kurzweil 3000 for Educators
This day session will introduce you to both textHELP! and Kurzweil 3000 programs.
Start the day by learning how to use textHELP! Read and Write. You will use a training guide that you can use with other students in your school. This instructor led training session will help you to understand not only how to use the program, but how it can benefit students who need help with the reading and writing process.
Next, learn Kurzweil 3000 using another training guide that you can also use when you return to your school. The instructor will lead you through several exercises that will help you and your students to use the program efficiently and effectively to help with the reading process.
At the end of the day, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other participants and the instructor to bring this knowledge to the next level * making sure the technology is used by students, not just sitting in the box. Practical ideas will be shared to incorporate this with learning strategies to help students to be able to study, do research, read, and write more efficiently with these programs.
Training Resources Included
* textHELP! Read and Write v. 5 Training Guide
* Kurzweil 3000 v. 5 Training Guide
* CD ROM with practice files

For more information, please contact me directly.

Thank you very much!
Marlene McIntosh

**Certified textHELP! Trainer

Cambrian College