From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:49:06 -0800

I've been on Armour thyroid for about a month.  It sure has helped me
feel better by reducing the following symptoms: muscle stiffness,
fatigue, brain fog & feeling cold all the time.  Prior to starting, I
noticed a direct correlation between my thyroid function & my adherance
to the gluten free diet.  When I made a mistake by accidental gluten
ingestion over a period of time (Lawry's seasoned salt for a few months),
my thyroid function declined (as evidenced by both my symptoms and my
increased TSH levels).  When I got back on track & eliminated the source
of hidden gluten, my thyroid function improved (and my TSH went down).  I
believe that my low thyroid function is an autoimmune response triggered
by gluten consumption.
        Has anyone else had similar experiences with thyroid function or other
autoimmune conditions such as reduction of symptoms, serum antibodies,
etc.? ~ Valerie

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com