From:
"Donald D. Kasarda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 1995 17:05:34 PDT

I am in complete agreement with what Richard Abrams has written.
Accordingly, I am puzzled as to why some celiac patients feel so strongly
that they cannot use white vinegar, which I have been given to understand is
prepared through fermentation of distilled alcohol.  Perhaps, there is some
component of the alcohol or the fermentation inoculate (other than gluten
peptides) that causes some people to react, somewhat the way a few people
react to sulfites in wine.  I will try to obtain some more detailed
information about the process by which white vinegar is made.

Don Kasarda, Albany, CA