Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kate Panagia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:00:09 -0800

Well, the answer is clear as mud....  No one knows if
Claritin or Clarinex is GF.  Another case of companies
trying to cover their butts, I guess.

Here are the replies I received to my posting.  Thank
you to all who answered.  I called my son's doctor and
we will try to make our own decision.....

--Claritin is gluten free.   I have a gluten free
drug list that a pharmacist
printed for me.

--I had called too and got the same reply. I find it
rather absurd that they market an allergy medication
that they can't verify all the ingredients. Kind of
defeats the purpuse of an ALLERGY medication. Someone
could be allergic to there ingredients, right?

--You are right... that's why so many people get
confused... and don't know
what to think.  My daughter was just diagnosed a
little over a month ago...
and this pharmacist JUST printed this list for
me.  It is a very nice, long
list.  It lists all the drugs... even specifies
tabs and liquid when
appropriate.  It then lists all the drugs
according to why you take them.
Next is a list of drug companies that claim ALL
of their drug products are
gluten free... and last it lists all drug
companies and their phone numbers.

More specifically on Claritin.  It lists:
Claritin
Claritin D
Claritin D-24
Claritin liquid

--I know I will thanks for the number. Seems that
Claratin is going to be off
prescription and it has gluten in it. I know that
for a fact. They changed it
about 2 years ago and it has been a problem for
me ever since. I am allergic
to allegra and really do not know what to take.