From:
barbara lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
barbara lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:37:22 -0800

My 11 month old grandson just had an endoscopy and probably has celiac disease. He loves to munch on Cheerios from his highchair tray while his mother works in the kitchen. This is the thing she will miss most and is looking for a substitute for. She likes it because it's easy, he gets to eat it himself, he can gum it to death or let it soften enough for him to swallow (he only has two bottom teeth at this point) and they are not sticky-messy. The GF cereals I have are very hard and don't tend to soften up. Sugar Pops are GF, but she worries that they might be too big to easily swallow and they are very sugary. Any ideas, preferrably something that has at least a little nutritional value? Thanks for your help.

Barbara