AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Audrey J. Gorman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:47:09 -0600
Hi everyone!

Apologies to those who have seen this message posted elsewhere:

Norm Coombs of EASI (http://easi.cc/index.htm )and I are considering doing
a day-long workshop on libraries and assisitve technology just before the
CSUN Conference in March 2003 in Los Angeles. We'd like to gauge what kind
of interest there is before we get our plans too far along. I know that a
number of California library people, as well as other library people from
around the country, go to CSUN pretty regularly. In addition, the libraries
involved in the California State Library's initiative "Planning for Library
Services for People with Disabilities" will be working on their plans and
visiting the CSUN exhibits.

Topics we're considering touching on in the one day session are:
the language and etiquette of working with people with disabilities
accessible library workstations
accessible library web sites, including making multimedia work
and
distance learning.

For those of you who haven't been to CSUN before: it is the most amazing
confluence of technology, people with disabilities, and people and
organization committed to equity of access in the world. For more
information, go to http://www.csun.edu/cod/conf/2003/genconfinfo03.htm

Please let me know if you're interested and might go either to just this
session or to the session plus some of the CSUN Conference. And spread the
word to other people who might be interested. No commitment is made by
responding "Yes, I'm interested."

Regards!
Audrey

Audrey J. Gorman
Access for All
Naperville, IL, USA

Mobile: 630-661-9062
Office: 630-717-7336
http://www.accessall.net
Log onto www.assistivetechnologies.com, click on library stuff!
"The power of the Web is in its universality.
Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect"
Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the WWW