NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 08:52:21 -0800
For anyone who doesn't have but allergies, I have fond coconut oil to be a great substitute for butter to use for baking and making pancakes. I first started using it when I read NATURAL CURES "THEY" DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT which the author, Kevin Trudeau, recommended in the book to use coconut oil for weight loss because it melts at 70 degrees (and so does olive oil) especially if you buy the virgin or extra virgin, whereas lard doesn't desolve so easily. It desolves in our bodies quickly and takes fat cells with it, also preventing heart disease and has even helped my grey hair to start going away, No kidding! It's a positive alternative to margarine too, because it tastes better and also has better health benefits. Most margarines have hydrogenated oil which is what they use to make plastic. (Oh yum!) In our arteries it causes scarring which leads to clogging them because fat and cholesterol catch onto the scar tissues leading to heart problems and being overweight.
 So instead of using margarine to replace butter, here is a better alternative. I don't know if people allergic to peanuts are also allergic to other nuts as peabuts, I have learned, are actually considered to be part of the bean family(as odd as that may sound), but if you don't have a nut allergy then this is definately worth trying.
  Sue