NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"E. J. Mumaw" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:14:19 EST
>>This is my
>>son's sixth year in that school and he has never had a reaction at school.

This is overly simplified.  He has had contact reactions that have caused
hives.  He has had wheezing that we were unsure if it was asthma or a
reaction to milk.  He has never been given an Epi pen injection at school.
He has a very complete emergency plan and I have full confidence that it
would be followed to the letter in the event of a serious reaction.  The Dr's
orders for contact reactions is to wash the area, give Benedryl and monitor
his breathing.  We have done this a few times at school and at home.

E.J.