BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darling, all I want is that you should be a pinhead -- Arlene Croce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:49:16 -0400
Hugh issues here Mary, I suspect not many will respond cause you and your
firm need to consider the liability. First as usual a few questions cause I
am not sure I want to suggest anything less than rebuilding but know that
that is not what you are really looking for I will take a poke at something
less than that to start...
What type of structure is it? (brick with wood framed floors?)
How thick are the walls? (3-wythe?)
How tall? (6-stories or less?)
What kind of forces do you realistically expect on the facade?
Could you expect a dry laid back-up wall with 1-inch of the outer brick
mortared in place be expected to stand up?
What caused the deterioration?

That's enough for now........

Please note my direct phone and fax numbers have changed again

Eric Hammarberg
Associate Director of Preservation
Associate
LZA Technology