From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 12:13:45 -0500
Hello, all.

First of all, I want to appologize in advance for the following questions,
since I know they have been discussed before.  So, please forgive the
repetition.

Anyway, here's the deal:

I am in the process of being appointed as EC for my county here in Michigan,
and this morning, I was told that we are going to be using Echolink as a way
to conduct "conference calls" from time to time.

I know about the echolink.org web site, and plan to download the software
within the next few days.

But, I'm not sure how "user friendly" it is for Jaws users like myself.  I
currently use Jaws 3.7U with Windows 98 SE.

Can someone send me a set of instructions for successfully getting up and
running on Echolink?

Also, please enlighten me on something else:

What's the difference between echolink, and I-link or IRLP?  Or, is echolink
related to these systems somehow?

Again, thanks much for putting up with my questions, and as always, I'll
keep you posted and pass what I learn onto others.

Best 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI