From:
Christopher Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 19:59:47 -0500
Steve,
I saw your note on the archives.  I've been thinking about this question
for years, but until now haven't had time to look into it.  Most of the
software developed to handle digital modes relies heavily on the user's
ability to reference a graphical display and click the mouse in order to
tune the received signal.  This approach just won't cut it for a blind
person.  As opposed to on-screen graphics, we would prefer textual feedback
to help us use these programs effectively.

Jaws or any screen reader should be able to read the decoded messages as
long as the software places the info in predictable areas on the screen.

73, Chris w1gm