Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:08:42 -0500
April,

Belated best wishes for your success on that exam.

Speaking of exams, in adding to Walt's thread, I took my General, Advanced and
Extra at one session back in 1976.  My father read the questions to me, but we
had to have an assistant engineer from the FCC do the diagrams.

I think it was on the Extra test that he was describing a circuit on which
there were going to be three or four questions.  He was describing a modulator
circuit, as I recall, and he gave the description of the various components,
including mentioning that there was a PNP transistor.

On the third question, he goes, "Oh Hell!  I gave you the answer to this one."
The question was what type of transistor is this?  The choices were PNP, NPN,
FET etc.  To show him I would have known the answer, I asked him which way the
arrows pointed, as they are in the opposite direction on a PNP.  I think I got
41 or 42 right on that test.
Steve