From:
Richard WEbb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 05:10:33 -0600

ROy wrote:
   >yes, but how do you select the tone you want especially if you
   >aren't sure what one is selected to begin with?  This is the only
   >problem I have with this radio. I wish you could just type in the
   >one you want with the keyboard.
DIttto here!  My secret goes something like this:

Go to a known quantity memory for the tone you want if you have one,
or to use it as a starting point even if it isn't the tone you want.

Transfer that memory's contents to your vfo using function-vfo.

NOw you've a known starting point.  Do your function-9 then
function-band, select the tone you do want by counting clicks from
where you were.

I cheat sometimes, I have my xyl look at the display <g>.

STill that one works for me, especially if I've a tone chart handy so
I can count clicks etc.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions