From:
Richard WEbb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:59:28 -0500
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:00:28 -0400

Henry wrote:
   >Well, got 2 of the things, and they both work, accept for the rotary
   >frequency selection controls.
   >They have to be sort of jiggled until they settle down to where
   >they belong, but, on receive, they aren't as subject to certain
   >types of intermod we get round here from pagers that take out my
   >vx-5. -----
THat's not a 02at, that's a 2at.  Have one of those and a 02at as
well.  tHe 2at has thumbwheel switches for frequency control.  the 02,
note the difference here, as in zero two, has memories and subaudible
tone capabilities.

Have to see if I can take two battery packs apart, one I've rebuilt
with nicads, the big pack has good rails however where the one we
rebuilt has problems with the little battery rails on the top.
THey're my xyl's radios.

I like the 2at as a loaner when going out for emergency deployment
etc.  IF you don't need tone etc. it's a great rig for that purpose,
easy to set up and operate <g> THe zero two's not bad either, but I"ve
found both rigs to be good.

STIll I might be interested in the zero two as another spare
as well if the price is
right.

73 de kb0ruu

Richard Webb