Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:30:08 -0500
7bit
From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
CT is a DOS logging program for contests, and writes directly to the
screen, not through BIOS.  So I don't think the JFW DOS mode will
work very well with it.  CT is shareware from K1EA, go to
http://www.k1ea.com
  I use CT with Vocal-Eyes, and made up my SET files almost 10 years
ago, although I implemented one more improvement in the heat of
battle this weekend.  Some contesters like TR, by N6TR, for their
contest logging; I don't know whether it has a Windows version or
not.  Someone reported on the GW-Info list that XMlog is a good
Windows general0-purpose logging program which worked well with
Window-Eyes; it probably could be coaxed into working with JFW, also.

ARRL, CQ and other contest organizations want logs submitted in a new
format called Cabrillo, and I have to run an external program to do
the conversion, then do some clean-up on call signs it messes up.  So
I should really be looking at fancier contest logging programs for
the Windows environment and seeing if they are as bullet-proof as CT.
 At least the country files for CT continue to be updated; I ran this
version from a file created last November.

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:59:39 -0500, Fred Leader wrote:

>Hi Lloyd,
>I am back on the air, but have not found a logging package which works well
>with JAWS.
>Can you tell me a little about CT?  Does it have a web page?
>Regards,
>Fred KB3FYL

Braille is the solution to the digital divide.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
home:  <[log in to unmask]> <http://lras.home.sprynet.com/>
Work:  <[log in to unmask]>         <http://www.loc.gov/nls/>