From:
cillakat <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 02:37:33 -0500

I tried some of the aunt Candice products when I was visiting a GF/CF
friend and her family in Nashville.  She's the same one who turned me on
to the DeLand breads.   What a friend!

Anyway, decided to order some for myself - www.auntcandicefoods.com
They have a variety of mixes, some ready-to-eat cookies (lemon, peanut
butter and chocolate chip), and GF/CF snack bars.

The order took some time to get to me due to a lag in production, but
the company emailed me to let me know.  Today, the order arrived.

Lovin' life;)   The ready made cookies are individually wrapped, before
being packaged.  Great for snacks for little GF'ers at school.   Alana's
teachers like to keep exactly this type of thing on hand for her in case
there's a party, birthday or other unusual snack that has come  up.
This'll be perfect.  The sweeteners are grape juice concentrate and gf
brown rice syrup, which is a plus.

The bars are really really good too.  I was worried about the apple one
being too sweet.  It's definitely not.   Great snack for the kids when
we're out. I got a case of the apple berry and a 'variety' case. (apple
berry, chocolate peanut butter, double chocolate)  I think they also
have chocolate mint.

I'm really excited about the mixes though - the sugar isn't added, so
you can use whatever sweetener best suits  your needs......agave nectar,
sugar, brown sugar (is what she calls for), Rapadura (my fave), honey,
date sugar or whatever.  I'm sure the results will be slightly
different.  I haven't made anything up yet but will post results when I
do.

My current fave for chocolate chip cookies is Miss Robens versatile
crunchy cookie mix with chocolae chips added.  And for brownies, the
Chocolate Truffle brownies by Gluten free pantry.   I'll make the Aunt
Candice mixes first with white sugar to get the best comparison, then
with my preferred sweetener to see if it's still okay;)

Ingredients are all listed on their website - and a portion of the
proceeds go toward autism research.  www.auntcandicefoods.com

:)
katherine in atl