From:
Dosha Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dosha Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:32:44 -0500

I just hung up the phone with "Carolyn" from Beiersdorf, Inc.
1-800-227-4703
It was nice to talk to someone so knowledgable and concerned.

Here's what I found out:
Eucerin original moisturizing cream and lotion are both gluten free.
She had to throw in the possibility of cross-contamination on the
ingredients they receive from other sources... but did agree that it is a
legality issue... and that 4 years ago, they didn't have to mention that.
She said she would go with the cream because it has fewer ingredients.
(Also, this was our dermatologist's 2nd choice after finding out Cetaphil
contains gluten).

She also mentioned Aquaphor.  (This happened to be our dermatologist's 3rd
choice).  It is gluten free also.  Once again, always the possib
ility of
cross contamination from outside sources.  She said that Aquaphor doesn't
contain water and is the most moisturizing.  She said it has a simple
ingredient list and doesn't contain any preservatives.  The original
ointment comes in a 14oz. jar (yes, big) and costs $14-15.  She said their
healing ointment has 3 additional ingredients and works really well for
cracked, dry skin.  It comes in a 1.75oz. tube or a 3.5oz. jar.

ingredients... as does Aquaphor.
I think everyone is having to throw in the statement about possible cross-
contamination these days.

Wishing everyone the best,
Dosha Anderson
Texas Mom of 2 1/2 yr. old daughter with CD.