From:
Jane Pelletier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Pelletier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:13:36 -0500

Friends,

My celiac husband is losing weight, which he can ill-afford.  The message below is from my nephew.  Does anyone know anything about the GF status of the products he recommends?

Thanks!
Jane

From my nephew:

I am not sure of the gluten content, but when I am on long training runs, I use GU energy gels.  They come in a 1.1 oz sealed foil package and they provide carbohydrates, sodium, potassium, calcium and vitamins C and E.  Cliff Bars also makes gels, as does Power Bar.  Gu makes many varieties, such as orange blast, vanilla bean, and chocolate outrage.  Their website is GUsports.com and the phone number is 1-800-400-1995.  I get Gu gels at running specialty stores, or outdoor clothing and gear stores like REI, but I believe they are available at GNC, and maybe also at high end grocery stores.

The list of ingredients for the "Vanilla Bean" package is, "Maltodextrin (Glucose polymers), filtered water, fructose, leucine, potassium and sodium citrate, valine, natural Vitamin E and Vitamin C (as Anti-Oxidants), Natural Vanilla, histidine, sea salt, calcium carbonate, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, citric acid, fumaric acid, Gu herbal blend tm (chamomile, cola nut (has caffeine) ginger), pectin.