EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon Gunderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:36:03 -0600
Kathy,
He could use a voice modem, we use one from Creative Labs[1].  He can then
dial and answer using the computer with software line Phone Tools[2] and
then use the modem as a speaker phone connected to the regular analog line
into his house.  Phone tools has better keyboard support (useful for voice
commands) than other phone tools.

He have just set this up for a st~udent with a disability, so you can
contact me if you want some help or more information.

Jon
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
phone: 217-244-5870

[1] http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=7&subcategory=40&product=52
[2] http://www.imptec.com/

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Kathleen Cahill wrote:

> Hi colleagues;
>
> We are doing some research into assistive technologies for an alumnus with
> a spinal cord injury.  He does not have the use of  his arms or legs.  He
> is curious about Voice over IP technology and how he might use it to make
> telephone calls via computer with his voice recognition software.  Does
> anyone know where this technology is these days and how reliable it is?  I
> have heard that VoIP can have delays that make the calls hard to hear.
>
> Also, if you have recommendations regarding word prediction/on screen
> keyboard software, I'd like to hear about them.
>
> Thanks so much,
> Kathy
>

> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Kathy Cahill
> MIT Adaptive Technology (ATIC) lab
> 77 Mass. Ave. 7-143
> Cambridge MA 02139
> (617) 253-5111
> http://web.mit.edu/atic/www/

 See EASI Special October Bonus offer at http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI November courses are:
Barrier-free E-learning, Accessible Internet Multimedia and Business Benefits of Accessible IT Design:
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi

>>> Error in line 8 of EASI.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<