EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Sherman, Sarah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 14:49:23 -0600
I appreciate all the comments and opinions you contributed.  You all brought
up very good points, some of which I already knew, and others, I hadn't even
considered! There are two reasons I presented this inquiry: for one, I
wanted to know whether it would be beneficial to add Lynx as an option for
students here who have not tried surfing with a screen reader before.  I do
remember one of the golden rules of AT is that you fit the tool with the
person! So I have an idea of how I will handle this in the future.

The second reason is because of the nature of research Axel and I are doing.
We wanted to know what was used most frequently in libraries, homes,
workplaces, and higher ed environments so we could focus on that type of
browser.  As a result, our presentation will be much more meaningful.

As a note, we use IE here, though I do like presenting options.

Sarah Sherman
University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point