EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vikki Stefans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:28:49 -0500
Be really really careful about relying on "don't open mail from someone
you don't know."  The Klez virus is designed to make sure you DO know the
person it appears to be from, as well as to create a reasonable subject
line.  A better policy is don't open attachments if you do not know what
they are and can't verify that the person who sent them meant to and is
trustworthy.  Also, check full headers; typically they will not match the
purported sender, and sometimes if you get a bunch you can figure out
where they are from and get that person to clean up their computer.

We had a few come through an Exchange server with good filtering in place,
so the actual virus file was zeroed out, but keeping the image and even
some javascript that resent soem web browser settings, so that is what
this may have been too.

Vikki Stefans, M.D., pediatric physiatrist (rehab doc for kids) at UAMS
and Arkansas Children's Hospital.  Working Mom of Sarah T. and Michael C.,
and wife of Henry Stefans, travel agent extraordinaire.  Every mom is a
working mom!- OK, dads too. Other address: [log in to unmask]