From:
Krista Mammoser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 00:46:08 EDT

First, I would just like to sincerely thank everyone who took the time to
respond to my question about CD and DH and if DH actually is CD.  I have
received an overwhelming number of responses -- many of them extremely
informative and supportive.  However, after doing some research, I found a
few of the responses to be a little unsettling.  A couple people responded
that DH is not CD and you can have it without being an actual Celiac or that
the skin outbreaks are the only malady.  Well, actually that doesn't appear
to be true.  The overwhelming consensus just from the LISTSERV alone was that
DH is CD and although you may not have the same overt symptoms, you are still
doing damage to the intestines and have a much increased chance of lymphoma
if not gluten free.  I also looked up the references some people sent and
everything seems to support that.  Here are some of the references people
have sent:
       http://www.aafp.org/afp/980301ap/pruessn.html
         http://www.dhcondition.plus.com/
       www.finerhealth.com
       www.aafp.org
       www.celiac.com
       http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health/digest/pubs/celiac/#9
       alamoceliac.org

Again, thank you to those of you who responded and I hope the information is
helpful for those of whom it pertains to.

Krista - Dallas, TX