From:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:54:38 -0400

After my last post about Wendy's caution about how fries MIGHT be cooked
with chicken nuggets, a few people pointed out to me that you could just
ask at the local Wendy's to see if they do fries separately. That's true,
but I just found out it isn't quite that simple.

My kids wanted to stop at Wendy's for lunch Saturday, so after they ordered
I talked to the manager. At this Wendy's, they do indeed cook their fries
separately. However, when they filter their oil, they don't clean the
equipment in between. Does this pose a problem for us? I don't know. I have
also been told that at some places they mix the different oils after
filtering.

Then I asked about the ketchup. The packets at this Wendy's are Heinz,
which is GF. So the ketchup you pump out into the cups is also Heinz? No,
that's Hunts. Oops, Hunts says their ketchup isn't GF (at least the last
time I checked).

Just a cautionary tale for everybody. It's not necessarily as easy as you
might think. Keep asking questions.

cheers
richard