From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 00:26:39 -0700

I shared the name of a product, HeartBurn Free, made by PhytoPharmica
that can be useful in treating heartburn without reducing the stomach
acid required to properly digest our foods.  You can search the web for
PhytoPharmica & find several sites that sell this product.  [One place I
found it is: http://www.ytree.com/ ]

I'm still getting warnings about the dangers of acid reflux & how acid
blocking medications is the way to fight the damage this causes to the
esophagus.  While acid suppression may protect the esophagus from acid
erosion, it does not eliminate the root cause of acid reflux, it only
relieves the symptoms and in the long run compounds the problem. It is
not my intention to suggest that a single pill will remedy reflux,
indigestion & GERD.  These are complex problems that can only be remedied
with diet & lifestyle changes, appropriate supplements (usually including
betaine HCl) & occasionally, but rarely, surgical intervention.  No pill,
including acid blocking medications such as Nexium, Zantac, Prilosec,
Axid, etc. will cure these serious conditions.  If you have reflux, GERD,
or acid indigestion, I strongly encourage you to read "Why Stomach Acid
is Good for You"  by Jonathan Wright MD.  It outlines a safe &
comprehensive protocol to eliminate the root cause these problems &
improve overall digestion & health.   ~Valerie in Tacoma, WA

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.