From:
RiceRamblz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
RiceRamblz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 12:51:23 -0600

Hello,

Almost everyone who responded mentioned Legal Seafoods. The best description
follows:

Legal Seafoods (one of the best fish restaurants in the world with many
restaurants in the Boston/Cambridge area) has a very strict approach to food
allergies.

Their policy is that the waiter must get the manager who personally works
with the chef to accommodate and ensure that there is no
cross-contamination.

We enjoyed this special care for many years with our oldest (peanut/sesame
allergic) daughter and after our youngest daughter was diagnosed with CD,
had a similarly positive experience at Legal's.  The manager wasn't familiar
with GF restrictions, but after I explained them, he was able to have a safe
meal prepared. He even had fresh-cut french fried potatoes cut and
oven-baked since the fryers were contaminated. Speak to the manager as soon
as you arrive (typically there is a wait at these popular eateries).

Some of the locations have take-out of anything on the menu, and that
shortens wait time if you are in a hurry.

^^^^^^
WholeFoods/Bread & Circus natural food stores in Boston/Cambridge have many
GF products, including breads by Gillian Foods. Also Trader Joe's, which has
a list of Gluten Free Foods at traderjoes.com

^^^^^^

The Bay Tower Room has a chef, Paul Diogenes, who is familiar with the diet.
Also, Naked Fish has several restaurants in the area.

Thanks for all your input!

Michele
Denver