C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"BG Greer, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:03:27 EDT
In a message dated 10/25/02 8:05:42 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>> Well, trish, I think most of small town rural america would not know
>the technical differences, this was odessa texas, and the did not know the
>> difference in the star of david and the pentagram. But, thanks for the
>> information anyway. And the thing about the badge is amusing.

That is interesting and ironic. The Texas Rangers were, at first, a militia
to defend againsy, or some would say, wipe out Indians. The Rangers gave the
first big contract to Colt, which kept him from going bankrupt. Initially,
these were the most vicious, bigoted lot. If you read their history, it is
pretty awful, by todays standards. Maybe the designers of the badge were not
as ignorant as we think. They have changed and today they are an effective LE
agency. BTW, my oldest grandson is named for the Texas Ranger in Lonesome
Dove.

Bobby