C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:45:08 -0400
Adams came up with the balance of powers in our government and helped come up with the idea of the judicial branch as a form of controlling the executive branch.
One of the reasons parties started in the US was because there were those led by Jefferson who felt that power should stay with the states thus the first Republicans and those who felt we needed to stand together against the threat of France, Spain and Britain eye balling a very, very vulnerable newly formed country.  Thus began the Federalist party.
Our founding fathers were a well read contentious lot that barely agreed on anything.  Again, I'm giving you my shortened interpretation of David McColloughs much better written book.

Beth T. the OT

PS. this is great discussion and gives me something else to talk about than public health problems.  I'm currently in Tampa finishing cousework on Public Health practice.