C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 01:01:38 +0100
On Wednesday 23 Oct 2002 5:55 pm, you wrote:
> My dad had guns, you know what he did, he thought us to respect them and
> use them correctly. I shot his guns when he had to put the barrel in a tree
> fork because I could not hold it up. We had rifle clubs at schools even in
> New York when I was a child. Probably did not stop all accidents but, it
> kept them down more than any laws. Negligence and stupidity can not be done
> away with by legislation. You might as well use a ball bat if someone is
> breaking in on you and you have to unlock the gun, then unlock the bullets
> then unlock the trigger. We were thought that the gun is "always" loaded.
> Do not play with the guns.

But if all guns were illegal you would not need this safety training. Kyle
says most firearms homicides are between criminals so if you are not a
criminal why should you need a gun. A handgun bought today will not protect
you from the sniper shooting you tomorrow, but it will lay at the back of the
sock draw - a potential for someone's death.

If America says only certain people should have Weapons of Mass Destruction,
why the insistence on the universal right to have Weapons of Single
Destruction!!?? I can't fathom it.

If someone wishes to do me harm, steal my property, I hope I have the wits to
maintain control of the situation, I don't think waving a gun at the
perpetrator is going to achieve that.

Cheers

Deri