C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"BG Greer, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:37:31 EDT
> Even more
>befuddling to HCI, et. al., is that even after people are shown "statistics"
>demonstrating that weapons may not decrease the number of crimes of
>violence, the "peace of mind", real or imagined, created by having an avenue
>of self-defense makes these statistics meaningless in peoples' minds.

    I saw a story on the news that handgun sales are up in the DC metro area.
That makes no sense whatever considering the way this guy works. BTW there is
something going on here in Memphis on terrorism or something. Many of the
former FBI profilers are here. I need to call my former student, the Police
Director, and find out what's going on.