C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:15:09 -0400
You can purchase 9,999 rounds in any one config before you have to have a
BATF FFL (10K rounds is the break-point).  You could shoot for years before
having to purchase more ammo.  Like you, Bobby, I think the guy is "getting
off" by pulling a flawless execution.  A couple of co-workers have said,
"Well, the guy must not be all that good if he's just getting
'center-of-mass' shots now--no head shots."  Criminy!  The target this
morning was moving up the bus stairs!  It's not that easy to put shots on a
moving target at 100+ meters.

The other thing that strikes me is that there has been no over-penetration.
All of the torso rounds (I'm pretty sure) have expended their energy in the
body cavity.  This would tell me that he is NOT using military issue FMJ.
With full-metal jacket, by Geneva Convention, the bullet does not mushroom
or fragment, but passes through the tissue.  A military round will poke
clean holes in a body.  The reason for this is simple:  in wartime, the idea
is not to kill as many enemy as possible, but to incapacitate.  If you wound
a man, it takes another three or four soldiers to get him out of the
kill-box.  That's four or five fewer soldiers shooting at you and you can
press your advantage.  If you kill a soldier outright, then his comrades
don't need to come to his aid and can continue to shoot at you.

The rounds this guy is using appear to he hunting rounds, which expand on
contact with tissue, creating lots of hydrostatic shock and a big wound
channel to cause rapid blood loss and a quick death.  The only reason his
targets seem to be surviving so well is that the First Responders are able
to get fluids quickly into the victims' systems.

Bobby, I agree with you:  I think the guy is reverse-engineering his
targets.  His priority is planning his escape route and builds an op around
those parameters.  His targets seem to be targets of opportunity, but he's
also been careful to cover a wide demographic.

-Kyle