C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:11:15 -0400
The biggest Catch-22 is that Federal troops cannot be used in civil law
enforcement.  There is a constitutional writ--"posse committatus"--that
prevents the standing armies from enforcing civil law (which, BTW, Gov.
James A. Rhodes of Ohio violated when he had National Guard troops fire on
students at Kent State in '70.  The "Guard" can be used by a governor, but
only in a defensive posture.  This is as it should be--it would be a very
dangerous precedent to allow U.S. military troops to enforce U.S. civil law.

The military has the shiny, gee-whiz hardware to surviel an area the size of
metro D.C.--and that's NOT illegal, but the stupid, callous, brain-dead U.S.
media plastered on every front page and new program that we were going to be
using these tools to help catch the guy.  If they'd kept it quiet, he'd
never known.  I think Turner and his ilk should be tried for felony
interference of a criminal investigation.

-Kyle