C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:45:12 -0400
What purpose would it have served not to buy the car, though, Kat?
Certainly didn't help Hitler, and it helped rebuild the German economy to
the point where there would be no impoverished Germans willing to listen to
an Austrian paper-hanger say, "blame the Jews for your troubles."

The combination of Germanic genius and the Marshall Plan is what
re-established stability in post-war West Europe.  Without massive exports
of Volkswagens, who's to say that another fascist wouldn't have put a
humiliated Germany back in the same place?  After WWI, the Allies humiliated
and bound Germany so much that the people were living in incredible poverty.

I think I said something on the list about dissecting the aftermath of
Hurricane Andrew in South Florida.  Because then-governor Lawton Chiles
refused to ask for Federal assistance, some people in Homestead were
suffering from severe dehydration and hunger.  The very fabric of society
was unravelling in a matter of a couple days.  People were willing to shoot
other people just to get potable water.

Now, magnify that scenario by 60 million people and ten years--you can see
how people would want to blame "someone".  In essence, we left Germany to
rot after the war, and purposely ham-strung its economy.  Hitler and company
blamed the Jews, but the finger should have been pointed directly at the
Allies.  After WWII, Truman and Churchill had learned their lesson.

Now the Germans have the luxury of electing an idiot like Schroeder (tongue
planted firmly in-cheek).

-Kyle