C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"BG Greer, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 12:38:18 EDT
Kyle,

    I have been a participant in such conferences sponsored by the Fed's. The
way it works is some project manager gets a group of professionals and
"consumers", "share holders". "stake holders", or whatever the damn
prevailing jargon is at the timewhich refers to us, and they have a
conference which results in a report. The report is disseminated
to the participants and the project manager's supervisor. Usually, that's the
end of it.
There is an entire web site in Austin that is responsible for research on
disabilities conducted by NIDDR (http://www.ncddr.org/sitemap.html). There is
very little on this site relating to CP or aging. But the above example is
the typical M.O. for the Fed's.

Bobby