C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:52:19 -0400
Indeed.  A very popular school of Anthropological thought posits war as a
means of dealing with overpopulation, famine, and scarce resources.  Did
your tribe have an overabundance of eligible young bachelors?  Wage war on
your neighbours and capture young women for brides.  Have to scrabble for
food and fight the next tribe over for game?  Wage war to thin the
population of your competition.

And so forth.  Not to mention the fact that humans are suspicious of
outsiders... and you've got war as an inherently humanoid trait.  It's with
modern times that war has been raised to a level of attempt at genocide and
it was brought a even more agonising level by Hitler.

I'm not defending war.  I loathe it and would go to any lengths to avoid it.
But I don't see it as foreign to humans, on the contrary, conflict is
natural to the human existence.

BTW, someone, I think it was Mag, mentioned the Irish as being more peaceful
because of mediation.  Yeah, so peaceful that the IRA and the Provs are at
it again, and the British Government has abolished home rule for N. Ireland
and is taking over the reins of government yet again.  <sigh>   It's just as
bad as in the Mideast.

Kat