From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 22:29:06 +1000
>What I'd really like to know is what the fat profile and content >was of
the animals consumed by our paleolithic ancestors in >the late Pleistocene.
Seems to me there are four classes of >beef (and I'd like to confine the
discussion to beef, so we are >comparing like with like):

a simple answer:  all depot and intramuscular fat is a mix of SFA/MUFA. the
amount of PUFA is small, otherwise it wouldnt stay solid in the noonday sun.
pigs have the most PUFA of mammals at 10%.  so it makes no practical
difference from paleo to our age.  there is much less DHA/EPA as has been
ponted out ad nauseum, but land mammals are not a good source at the best of
times, it was always obtained from fish.

andrew