From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:44:36 -0500
From: "Elizabeth Miller"
> Can you explain or send the reference explaining this statement. Is there
an
> optimal amount of 'free radicals?'

Don't know if there's an optimal amount, or what it would be, but apparently
allowing some fires to burn is not altogether bad.
http://www.thenutritionreporter.com/Free-rads.html
I hope to be able to locate some studies.

Fatigue is so often attibuted to stress, chronic ills of society, lack of
sleep, poor diet, or whatever.  But I wonder if there's also another
equation here with a correlation between high anti-oxidant intake and the
number of self-reported cases of fatigue?   I doubt, though, that it's as
simple as dose-response because of individual variation.

It was precisely fatigue that led me on a search for the causes.
Ironically, what I mostly found--haha, and mostly from commercial
"wanna-sell-you-something" sites--was that anti-oxidants combat fatigue.
Not so, according to Dr. Denham Harmon, father of the first free-rad theory.
I know I feel better and have more energy since going off supplements.

Theola