"Paul D. Butler" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:41:23 -0600
Think you have your facts a little wrong....chronic wasting disease in deer
and elk....not "mad cow"  second, the odds of contracting CJD through "mad
cow" here in the US of A are a whole lot higher than one in a
million...probably more like one-in-a-billion.

No documented cases of anyone dying from contracting CJD from consumption of
deer and/or elk........the situation definitely warrants attention and a
person needs to keep up with the news about the disease and any possible
transfer to humans through consumption but unfounded fear is misplaced.