From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:31:09 -0700
On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:40:31 EDT, Susan Wolf Sternberg <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> What
>would the benefits be of doing strictly without dairy for someone like me who
>has no problem digesting it?  I have lost weight in the past 2 months on I
>guess a modified paleo diet, since I do include some dairy every day, but my
>health feels better, my mind sharper, and my energy level higher.  My dogs
>are fed a BARF diet, and I also add some cottage cheese and yogurt to it
>several times a week with no noticeable ill effects.  Not trying to say my
>way is best...heck I'm much too new to even venture a guess as to what is
>best, but it seems to be working well for me with meats, veggies, berries,
>nuts, seeds, eggs, healthy fats, and SOME dairy.  What benefits would I gain
>by giving up dairy?   I'd really like to know.

If you have no noticeable ill effects from it, and on your current diet, your
health is better - which in both cases is what you have stated, then there is
no benefit, and in fact, it would be a disadvantage to give it up, because you
would decrease the amount of available foods, especially in social situations,
which would make you more likely to go off your diet.

So, in my opinion, given what you have said, you should not give up dairy.

These things are not magical.    When you say "...my
health feels better, my mind sharper, and my energy level higher." then that is
the desired result.   People are different - it is a trait that helps the
species survive.   So, what helps someone else may not help you, and vice
versa.

--
Cheers,

Ken