From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 09:15:44 +1000
> The way of life you describe here is a pretty good
> description of  the mesolithic period.

Todd, just face up to it. since the first man/woman walked on the earth
he/she has hunted and collected a great variety of both salt- and
fresh-water seafood.

>We were, rather, discussing  Cordain's recommendation to
>prefer lean meats, a claim that you  found ludicrous.  So >perhaps you can
explain how the availability
> of om-3 fats in a wide variety of seafood shows that his
> recommendation is ludicrous.
> Incidentally, what does olive oil have to do with om-3s?

all these things are related issues in the 'fat profile' of Cordain, as you
well know. let's remember:
1. he claims modern mammal fats are too high in Om-6s.
we know this is wrong. did he lie or is he merely incompetent?
2. so we should use oliver oil as a suitable substitute.
why? since olive is not paleo. use tallow, lard, marrow fat.
3. and we should use flax to get the Om-3 balance right.
this is the most incoherent of all. there is no DHA or EPA in flax. fish
flesh and liver oils do the job perfectly.

i repeat the question: do u acknowledge tallow is paleo and olive is not?

andrew