C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 12:57:57 -0400
I'm with you on this, Derri.  I've watched too many terminally ill people amongst my relatives and friends struggle to get the drugs they needed for treatment, only to have to forego them because they weren't covered. Well, two, but that's two too many.

Another friend of mine had Hepatitis C; because he'd no job, he wasn't able to get the meds he needed to help him live a better life.  After several years of this merry-go-round, his doctor was finally able to get him into a trial for a new treatment, and he is considered cured.  Now that the treatment is FDA-approved, the trials have stopped and the likelihood of any patients getting free treatments have greatly diminished.  It's a vicious circle.

Kat