C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 07:07:02 -0500
I just skimmed this article.  In Florida, we face this all the time.  They
have lots of money for new sports teams or other things, have allowed
unrestricted development and don't want to pay for services.  What they also
don't tell you is that in order to recieve their federal funding, all
teaching assistants now have to have an associates degree so, they are
naturally in need of help.  Dean's of public universities make almost 200
thous a year, get a free home, use of a car and other perks, our school
district superintendent makes over 100 thous, I don't see them cutting up in
the administration one bit.
Welcome to Florida....

Beth T. the OT

Subject: Fl. Special Ed Schools Feel Sting of Lost Funding

http://www.icanonline.net/news/fullpage.cfm/articleid/D251AE3E-BEEF-4F8E-BBF
9DAD3EA442692/cx/news.news/article.cfm

This has implications far beyond the State of Florida as more and more
states feel the need to constrict their budgets.

Kat