C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:04:41 -0400
I'm not defending terrorists, I'm not defending wars.  Just stating a more
balanced position.  If we really want to be technical, Palestine was part of
the Ottoman empire, that was broken up, partitioned by imperialist factions
in Europe.  Most of the Middle East was divided up on those lines instead of
ethnic lines.  So, similar to Africa, artifical countries were created were
none had truly stood for centuries.
In the 1920's before Israel was declared independent, the British started
many problems by favoring Israelis immigration back to Israel (got them out
of Europe).  This was some of the first conflicts.  The Arab (whether you
want to call them Palenstinians or not) population at the time far outnumber
the Jewish population at the time.  So, in effect, the Israeli's by
establishing a religious state, and taking over Arab lands was seen as an
invasion force.
I stand by my humble opinion that xenophobic Arabs and intolerant Jews
create a crisis for all in the region.

Beth T. the OT