C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 16:00:48 -0400
Hi Kyle,

     I am not trying to pick a fight - the first post made me wince - mainly
becasue I was thinking of the kids - if you say that stuff at home you
little ones could repeat it to the older sister and her feeling could be
hurt. Its incredible what the little ones say sometimes that they heard.

    And no you are not suspect becasue you are man. The rotten parent thing
works both ways. Not everyone is cut out to be parent - and that is not a
gender thing. I have never been for the Mom unquestioning getting the child
- I think the child needs to be with the parent that is best equipped to
care for it. And frankly sometimes they should go to a third party that can
care for them.I just took in a kid who has two scewed up parents.

     There is no garuntee how we spend the money. The law can't dictate that
any more than it can dictate how much you spend on your kids. And no, its
not that about being a man. Its about the kids. They are the loser's in
this.  It wouldn't hurt to remind people of going on and have brief word of
background -  may not remember in detail what discussed years ago. Leave the
bad feelings and getting even to God. Believe me, he will do a better job
than you ever will and the bitterness isn't a good thing for you. With all
the challenges you have you don't need the heart burn. Its so easy to fall
into that mode but you married her and had a child - and it sounds like a
great kid at that. That should outweigh any sum of money. You might checking
into grants for her for college. What does she want be? Amber still has no
idea.

  However for Amber and also my students - yup - I have lots of disabled
students in my classes I am back on the list. I never did figure out what
exactly happened - but I do know Betty talks behind peoples backs really
badly. After all I was friends with her and listened to her talk about the
other people in her life - I admit to being stupid becasue she always raved
about how wonderful I was to my face while talking badly about everyone -
including the list people ( yup, she talked bad about you guys too - not
that I would repeat what she said - and yes I do remember). At least if I
have something on my mind - I say to your face. I got an very illumainating
e-mail from her maybe 2 months ago after a phone call that we had a great
time with - I had suddenly joined the ranks of her Mother, her Uncle, Jody
and Ann with the forcing her to do things. Amazingly she remembered coming
to my house and being made fun off - when the rest of us it remember it as a
great party where she reconnected with someone she knew from signing ( sign
language). And as Amber pointed out she was always the first person to bad
mouth Christians, the same way she jumped on the bad mouthing the TABs.
There are people on the planet who are like that, and frankly unless you are
close to them - you wouldn't know. Just like I am clueless as to what she
told you all about me - beyond that I doubt it was good and I doubt it was
true. Her friend Jody loved her, and I never saw her Betty anyway other than
lovingly and kind. Her family also.  I tried to make allowances becasue it
is shock when you become disabled and a huge adjustment. I brought to the
list becasue I believed you guys could help her and being list adminsitrator
would give her raise to get up. I had no idea she was two faced. I do now
and I get to be the villian for a number of reasons but mainly becasue I am
different. Betty was one of those - don't let any good deed go unpunished
things!! LOL   As if I can't get into enough trouble on my own!!  Personally
as far as people go - stupidity isn't limited to any group as far as I know
each and everyone of us practices it liberally periodically. I think you
guys painted me Black when just like everyone else I am grey.

                                                           Trisha