Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bill Stephen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 12:00:21 -0500
Hi all
I sold a fellow a new pc and he called back to say that his keyboard would not work
when he tried to enter the windows (xp) key at first boot.His keyboard was exchanged..
same problem.His tower was exchanged...same problem.I was now focused on his problem
and not on what I should have been looking at.His keyboard would not do the numbers
0,1,5, and several letters.I tried different keyboards from other systems and so on.
Finally I tried it in dos...works fine.Then I finally discover that he was entering
a serial number and not the windows key.These numbers and letters are not in the
key.Why and how would a keyboard be set at first boot to skip certain keys.Yes they are not required for the key to be entered but why and how would they not respond???
Mostly just curious.
Thank you all in advance
Bill

                     visit our download web page at: