Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 18:11:43 +0200
From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Den 2002-07-25 16:18:44 skrev Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>:

>It appears that Asians consume rice without ill effect.  Could this be because their portions are generally much
>smaller than what we eat in America?  On the other hand, Asian in general are smaller than Americans,
>so perhaps their portions aren't so small relative to their size.  Thoughts?

In a radio program ("Vetandets värld" - World of science) two weeks ago, Staffan Lindeberg
stressed the importance of keeping insulin levels low. He (supposedly together with
Loren Cordain and Jenny Brand Miller) blames the growth factor that goes with high insulin
for obesity, acne, myopia and the tall bodies of modern man. Also cancer might have a connection
with this growth factor.
So it is not only what you eat that matters, it is also how you eat and what insulin levels it
results in that makes for body size.

(If anyone is good at swedish and is interested, I can mail the program, it is about 3 MB size,
contact me privately - I do not read all messages in P-F.)

I do not think there is anything such as an absolute paleo diet. Everyone has to find out
what suits him or her. I think it is good with some cheating also, to avoid to get too  dogmatic.
One other thing is that it might be easier to not fall off the diet too much, if you decide to
avoid certain food groups totally, such as grains, diary and beans. But this is individual.
Personally I sometimes use (organic) cream with berries for example. But this is on the wedge,
I have to decide to do it very occasionally, and only during summer months when the cows
get fresh grass. If I should let go of this, I might soon extend to sour milk, which is the only
food I really miss nowadays.

- Hans