C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:57:53 -0400
Methinks the surgeon should not have stopped at the leg....

Ok, these folks are very ill.  The fact that the surgeons are "enabling"
them makes a mockery of the Hippocratic oath.  My wife has a couple of kids
in her class who are self-mutilators.  What the surgeons are doing would be
the same as if she were handing out razor blades to these children.

I think we can lay the blame squarely on post-modern western culture--where
nothing is intrinsically "wrong".  If it's not wrong, then it doesn't need
to be corrected through psych therapy.  The author is spot-on in the
paragraph  that opens with "When I first wrote about this condition in the
Atlantic...".  It has become "cool"--and profitable for the medical
establishment--to have a "condition du Juor".

Ya know, I don't thing we HAVE heard everything...yet.  I believe the worst
is yet to come.

Kyle