C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:39:28 -0500
News about my job.  As many of you know, I'm a HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) Analyst for Sara Lee Hosiery, which means I'm a database programmer.  I will have been working for Hosiery for 15 years this coming August and it's been a wild ride, sticking through thick and thin, through reorganisations and layoffs (or redundancies in the UK).

A major reorg has been in the works for several months but I hadn't been able to talk about it until the official announcement was made yesterday.  The entire SL Intimates Group in Winston-Salem is reorganising, merging many functions across 7 divisions, and HR is no exception.  All the SL Intimate HR departments are being split into two groups: Human Resources which will concentrate on hiring, recruiting, employee relations and other issues, and Compensation and Benefits, which will concentrate on benefits administration, compensation, and data collection and analysis.  I'm included in the Compensation and Benefits organisation and we will be fully reorganised by June 30 (the end of the fiscal year).  What this means for me personally, is that my job will be greatly expanded and I'll be doing reporting not just for Hosiery but also for the other divisions we'll be merging with, a total of seven divisions.  At the end of the corporate reorganisation, we may be responsible for the entire Branded Apparel group (which includes Intimates, Socks and Knitwear, or 10 divisions) in Winston-Salem. Whew...  Exciting opportunities here! And I'm glad I'll be here to take advantage of them.

No change in title or pay yet but I'm sure there will be as I keep up with everything and do well. :-)  And we're moving to the SL Corp headquarters building up the road, the one we call 'The Taj Mahal!'

Kat