C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:50:54 -0400
As I said, Sharon's hard-line policies aren't winning any favours with me.  We
need another leader like Rabin to have power and a more peaceful co-existence
with the Palestinians.  There's a lot of blame on both sides.

On a tangent note on how things are loosening up in Israel, a gay man has been
elected to serve in the Israeli Parliament, a big step in a country where the
Orthodox Jews shun gays and disown them.  I think it's a step in the right
place. (although an Orthodox legislator is quoted as saying he wouldn't work
with the gay legislator as he finds him 'repellent.')  The story is in the
front page of the NY Times site this morning if anyone cares to look it up.

Kat