C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:42:53 -0400
thanks kyle.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cleveland, Kyle E. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 10:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Regional Food (was: Re: Re: Happy Father's Day)

Ken,

I got the technique down, buddy.  Grill your steaks or fillets "skin down"
for the first pass (provided you still have the skin on).  This will grill
the skin-side perfectly and prep the skinless side as well.  In any case, a
"too hot" grill will sear the flesh and not allow the oils to exude from the
tissue (too much heat seals the tissue where it meets the metal).  Make sure
your grill bars are meticulously clean.  You shouldn't have to spray or
"paint" oil on the grill, as salmonids (like salmon or trout) have enough of
their own oils.  If you do choose to oil up your grill, use vegetable oil
(like "PAM"), not olive oil as it will burn too easily.  Another solution is
to use a "grilling plate".  This can be used on the stovetop or outdoor
grill.  It is a solid iron plate with "ribs" to make the grill marks.  The
nice thing about it is that it is a solid piece of iron, so the fish won't
"fall through the cracks" when you turn it.  DO oil your spatula with
vegetable oil.  A stainless spatula is ok, but a teflon spatula is the cat's
meow.

I try to fish about once a week and always keep a couple for "my labors", so
I'm becoming sort of good at cooking them.  One thing I would avoid like the
plague:  putting foil over the grill.  Once that stuff tears, you will have
a real problem.

Hope this helps!

-Kyle

BTW--I always throw back the fish with CP---it's in their ADA (lame humor
alert)