THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skippper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:11:17 -0800
    From: [log in to unmask]

Anyone
knows what would be the symptoms - long term and short-term effects - of such
an overdose? >>>>>
    Doc Don gave a very good discussion as to possible ill effects.  I want to add that when one is thinking about radioactive iodine to kill the thyroid, things are not always as they seem.

  In his book, "Solved the Riddle of Illness" by Stephen Langer, he mentions that some kinds of Vitamin C deficiency can cause a form of hyperthyroidism, so some of the people that have their thyroids removed, only have a nutritional problem.

  I had my wife's Vitamin C tested, and it was not measurable.  Mine was below the expected range, so Vitamin C deficiency is likely to be much more common than thought.

  Not to mention there are medications that can slow down hyperthyroidism.  Inderall, for example, inhibits conversion of T4 to T3, therefore making hyperthyroidism less problematic, and also in some cases making people hypothyroid who were not before taking Inderall.

  There are also foods that can slow down the thyroid, like the cabbage family.

  As for Dr. Michael's comment that Mercola's website or Trudeau claim the medical establishment is the third leading cause of death, I suspect it's the leading cause of any death that's not natural.  There are medical errors, infections picked up from hospitals, misdiagnosis or lack of diagnosis by physicians, bad drugs, ill effects of drugs that are covered up, and probably many more bad things that we can't even conceive.

  Skipper

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.